We know that a brand's digital reputation consists of the perceptions that its stakeholders have of it. Over time, this reputation faces a new scenario where the dialogue between the brand and users evolves with the help of new technological tools and contexts. In this context, we will discuss the relationship between digital reputation and SEO and the importance of this relationship.
How do digital reputation and SEO relate to each other?
The first thing to consider is that Google, as the world's largest showcase of brands, can index all the content that is published about a brand, whether it is positive, negative, or even false. In this context, due to user behavior when conducting a search, it is crucial for a brand to appear in the top 10 search engine results today. Moreover, these results should not be negative.
This is where we can talk about reputational SEO. If a user enters a search with the name of the brand, the first thing that will appear is their website, followed by their social media, but also reviews, opinions on forums, blogs, and other things. Additionally, users increasingly rely on the opinions of other people, so searches that include the brand name and "opinions" or "references" are becoming more common.
Considering this, we can say that it is necessary to take care of the brand's image through the monitoring of results for related keywords. But, at a technical level, this goes beyond that. Digital reputation in terms of SEO is evaluated using various indicators such as web hosting, domain reputation, and links to the website, among other things.
How to optimize a brand's online reputation?
The internet is a dynamic world, and what appears about a brand can change substantially in a short time. A negative review without a response or negative comments on social media with the potential for virality can have a significant impact on a brand's reputation. In this sense, when talking about digital reputation and SEO, there are certain keys to consider for optimizing this perception:
- Apply monitoring and social listening to know in real-time the comments and opinions around the brand.
- Act coherently in different media and social networks.
- Provide quality and valuable content for the user.
- Respond quickly to negative content and counter it in case of false content.
- Create and maintain profiles on social networks that have good SEO positioning.
- Develop the indexing of multimedia content on YouTube and also of Word and PDF documents, images, logos, directories, and product and service descriptions, among other things.
- Position and manage the brand on Google My Business.
- Send and publish press releases in newspapers.
- Obtain links (link building) to different sections of the website.
- Optimize the corporate website.
In conclusion, in addition to implementing these strategies, it is essential to conduct a prior study that allows for a detailed understanding of the brand's online reputation. Furthermore, it may be useful to analyze the digital reputation and SEO of competitors, identifying strengths and weaknesses.
At 202 Digital Reputation, we offer comprehensive 360° management of your digital reputation. We understand digital reputation and identity as the most valuable intangible asset of any company, so we provide our experience and the best social listening to develop a personalized strategy for each case.